Great news! Culinary Arts College; "78 Mouth-Watering Baking Blogs"

Hi friends,

I know it has been a while since my last post and so much has happened in that time. I have much to catch you up on, new recipes, the latests from my kitchen and of course updates on what I have been up to! I will begin with the good news I received last week in an email from Chef Cindy Cullen who maintains the Culinary Arts College website along with Chef Joseph Morris. The Culinary Arts College is a non-profit site dedicated to elevating American cuisine by encouraging a new generation of chef's to attend a culinary art's college.
You can seed the list here and how it has been broken up into sections:

1) GENERAL BAKING BLOGS
2) BREAD BAKING BLOGS AND WEBSITES
3) BAKING COOKIES BLOGS AND WEBSITES
4) CAKE BLOGS AND WEBSITES
5) CUPCAKES BLOGS AND WEBSITES
6) BAKING 101 and
7) ADDITIONAL BAKING TIPS

It was an absolutle thrill to open "78 Mouth-Watering Baking Baking Blogs" and then to see (#55) The Cupcakery blog recognized as one of these! Every blogger wants to know they are being read or has even made some kind of a difference. I have been reading many of the blogs listed for quite some time and they have inspired me with pictures, recipes and often times the stories associated with the food! It feels wonderful to be among such a talented group of bloggers and bakers but to know I am inspiring someone else, well let's just say it makes me feel like the sprinkles on top! Click here to see the full list.

While I have never been formally schooled in baking, I have had lots and lots of practice over the years. I have loved to be in the kitchen since I was about 6 years old and realized the sweet reward you get when you mix sugar with anything! Practice, experimenting, lots of spilled flour and smiles on the other end of those experiments has made me want to get better, make more and live up to the expression "Enough to feed an Army!"

I am back to blogging! I have missed you!

Best,
Wendy

Comments

Sandi Oh said…
It's so good to see you post again...I was worried about you. Looking forward to some more mouthwatering posts from you!
Wendy Joan said…
Hi SANDI - I am starting to feel better and should be posting more frequently. Thank you for keeping an eye out on me! I love my readers! xoxo