Thanksgiving Cupcakes

(Ever hear of the Thanksgiving "Chicken" ? My cat, Scoots!)

Hi friends! I trust you had a very happy, healthy and filling Thanksgiving Day! My little guy and I feasted on a wonderful dinner at my Aunt and Uncle's home. I am always amazed at how long planning for the perfect menu from the beverages and appetizers, to the entree, side dishes, and desserts can take; and then how quickly all of that planning can be consumed! Overall, dinner was an enormous success and the time flew by so quickly! There was so much wonderful food, laughter, good conversation and most of all being together with people I love. It was a good day and for that, I am grateful. I never get to have nearly enough time at my Aunt and Uncle's house. I have told them for years they need a plaque which reads "You are entering the house of warmth and love!" When I count my blessings, I count them twice.

I know my Aunt is going to kill me for posting this picture (which is exactly why I did not tell her I was going to put it on the blog, mea culpa, mea culpa!) I am bringing cupcakes over! :-) I think it is very important to recognize the hostess who puts in all the hard work of organizing, shopping, cooking, serving, cleaning up and putting their heart into serving up a memorable meal on a special day so we can all have a place to gather! So kudos to you Linda! You know I love you! (Kiss the cook!)

As promised, pictures from the Better Opportunities for Single Soldiers (BOSS) Thanksgiving Supper at the Buffalo Soldier Pavillion here at West Point, below. I was very happy to have been able to provide a small piece of deliciousness to our soldiers who are stationed at the United States Military Academy at West Point. (Here I am pictured with several dozen cupcakes I dropped off during "set up")
(Just look at these gorgeous smiles and delicious cupcakes!)
(Life is sweet! My little guy with a pumpkin spice cupcake with cream cheese frosting dusted with cinnamon sugar.)

The different cupcake flavors were:

1) Vanilla cupcake with cream cheese frosting, triple berry puree and a strawberry.
2) Pumpkin spice cupcake with cream cheese frosting dusted with cinnamon sugar.
3) Vanilla cupcake with Godiva mocha whipped cream sprinkled with cocoa powder, topped with a Dunkin Donut coffee bean.

I will post the recipes, but for now I wanted to share these pictures with you! Did you have any amazing desserts for Thanksgiving? Discuss.

Best!

Comments

Angie said…
Hi! I hope you are feeling better these days. I just discovered your blog and was looking back through it when I ran across these pictures and I just had to ask, where did you get your cupcake boxes? I LOVE them and as I make over 100 cupcakes for the youth group at my church once a month, these would be a HUGE help, the cake boxes just aren't cutting it! Thanks for your time and response!

Angie
Wendy Joan said…
Hi Angie - Thank you for reading my website! I am sorry for my delayed response. I cannot tell you how much easier these cupcake boxes have made my life! I can understand why you ask - I found wonderful selections and colors from BRP Box Shop.

http://www.brpboxshop.com/bakery_boxes/mini_cupcake_boxes.html

Best,
Wendy